Friday, May 28, 2010

The End of the Canal!



Behold! The land of myth and legend....
Canada!

The dog and I successfully made it to the end of the Erie Canal, where we gazed upon the mythical land of Canada. My Canadian boater friends told me that I would more than likely be able to enter Canada, but without a passport they highly doubted I'd be allowed back in the US. So, instead of hopping on a boat and travelling across the waters to Canada, Anna and I just turned around and walked on back Eastward to Brockport.

But before we went too far I had a friendly gardener in the area snap a picture of Anna and I.


That is just about the end of the canal. The actual end is just around five more minutes of walking westward.

I can't get over how freakishly small Anna looks in that picture....

Anyway!

It was pretty exciting to get to the end there. I think it would have been a tad more exciting if I had someone to share it with. Don't get me wrong, Anna is an excellent travel companion! But it would be nice to have someone who actually talked, you know?

Still, very exciting times!

We are now in Brockport at Melissa and Tom's apartment. And I am sick. :( I think I'm allergic to something in the area. Not sure what though.

I'm debating what our next step shall be. I'll keep you all in the loop if/when I make a decision on what that step is.

No comments: