Thursday, April 22, 2010

Amsterdam NY

Things are going well. I am tired and sore by the end of each day, but that's to be expected really. And every day it gets better. Mostly right now it's just my shoulders and feet. Shoulders because, honestly, I think I'm carrying the pack wrong (leaning over too much instead of standing straight), and the feet because of blisters. But blisters will go away eventually....I hope.

We camped out along the river the other night. Except for the random drive-by four wheelers and waking up freezing cold at 4am, it went well. Will probably be doing the same tonight - finding a random spot along the river to set up camp.

Anna certainly enjoyed the novelty of being off leash for awhile. She darted around like a mad dog, chased some geese, then fell asleep a satisfied pup.

No comments: